Monday 6 January 2014

006 - A Sketch of Buzz

Day 6 and I'm trying to learn how to draw on the iPad. Using an app called ProCreate on my iPad mini, I created this sketch of our golden retriever, Buzz. I started with a photo I took, then imported it into ProCreate as a base layer, then created a series of other layers on top of that to gradually build up the image. I used airbrushes, smudges, ink pens and so on, to build the image in layers. It's probably not a brilliant final result but I learned a lot about picking colours, resizing pens, customising digital ink flows, etc, so I definitely know more about using ProCreate now than I did about 30 minutes ago!


I can think of uses for this kind of layering technique for drawing with my students. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment